HOUSE BILL 117
55th legislature - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - second session, 2022
Candie G. Sweetser and Gail Armstrong and Phelps Anderson
MAKING AN APPROPRIATION FOR THE NEW MEXICO HISTORIC WOMEN MARKER INITIATIVE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
SECTION 1. APPROPRIATION.--
A. Three hundred fifty thousand dollars ($350,000) is appropriated from the general fund to the cultural affairs department for expenditure in fiscal years 2023 and 2024 to contract for the continuation and expansion of the New Mexico historic women marker initiative, including:
(1) developing marketing and promotional materials;
(2) preserving and archiving information and preparing exhibitions about women who are honored by a historic marker or who have shaped New Mexico and its culture;
(3) enhancing and promoting the website featuring historic New Mexico women;
(4) developing primary, secondary and adult educational programs, including a speaker's bureau and mentorships;
(5) including the New Mexico historic women marker initiative and the location of historic markers in the state's marketing campaigns; and
(6) continuing research and coordination with the cultural affairs department and the department of transportation for the nomination, location and placement of historic markers.
B. Any unexpended or unencumbered balance remaining at the end of fiscal year 2024 shall revert to the general fund.
- 2 -